Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
New York Cosmos 
Author Message
Super-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:29 am
Posts: 673
Cosmos release 3rd jersey for the 2015 season

https://twitter.com/NYCosmos/status/581965271373463552

Image

My personal opinion, I'm a sucker for kits with collars. I like it, it's simple and clean, and there aren't all too many blue kits in the league.

_________________
FC Edmonton has ruined me. I care for no other sporting club like I do for the Boys in Blue.


Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:19 pm
Profile
Trialist

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:12 pm
Posts: 99
prediction for 1st place:

http://northernpitch.com/articles.html/ ... tions-r136


Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:24 am
Profile
Manager

Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 4:30 pm
Posts: 1013
ThatDaveCh wrote:
Cosmos release 3rd jersey for the 2015 season

https://twitter.com/NYCosmos/status/581965271373463552

Image

My personal opinion, I'm a sucker for kits with collars. I like it, it's simple and clean, and there aren't all too many blue kits in the league.


Very classy kit!


Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:34 pm
Profile
Trialist

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:12 pm
Posts: 99
ELMONT - A meeting was held Monday to discuss plans for a New York Cosmos soccer stadium at Belmont Park in Elmont.

The team wants to build a world-class 25,000-seat soccer stadium, a hotel and retail complex in Belmont Park. Cosmos officials claim the project will create 500 construction jobs, 3,000 permanent jobs and $200 million in annual revenue.

Residents and those who work in Elmont told News 12 that they think the project could boost the economy and help those that are looking for work.

However, Elmont East End Civic Association leader Patrick Nicolosi says, “every Islander fan should be outraged this conversation is happening.”

He says Nassau dropped the ball in its effort to keep the Islanders from leaving Long Island and that the Cosmos are a “bad alternative.”

“There's not going to be any jobs generated with a stadium. They're only going to play 17 home games and the stadium is only going to be empty 348 days a year,” says Nicolosi.

Cosmos officials will make their presentation to residents at a public meeting on May 7 in Floral Park. Empire State Development will have the final say about the fate of the proposed soccer stadium.


Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:28 am
Profile
Club Chairman
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:05 pm
Posts: 4439
msilverstein47 wrote:
ELMONT - A meeting was held Monday to discuss plans for a New York Cosmos soccer stadium at Belmont Park in Elmont.

The team wants to build a world-class 25,000-seat soccer stadium, a hotel and retail complex in Belmont Park. Cosmos officials claim the project will create 500 construction jobs, 3,000 permanent jobs and $200 million in annual revenue.

Residents and those who work in Elmont told News 12 that they think the project could boost the economy and help those that are looking for work.

However, Elmont East End Civic Association leader Patrick Nicolosi says, “every Islander fan should be outraged this conversation is happening.”

He says Nassau dropped the ball in its effort to keep the Islanders from leaving Long Island and that the Cosmos are a “bad alternative.”

“There's not going to be any jobs generated with a stadium. They're only going to play 17 home games and the stadium is only going to be empty 348 days a year,” says Nicolosi.

Cosmos officials will make their presentation to residents at a public meeting on May 7 in Floral Park. Empire State Development will have the final say about the fate of the proposed soccer stadium.



any Update?


Mon May 11, 2015 7:25 am
Profile
Trialist

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:12 pm
Posts: 99
you want an update? getting closer to considering the new stadium project dead:

Cosmos ended a two-game losing streak but drew only 2,419 fans to Shuart Stadium. The Cosmos, who averaged 4,984 fans for home games in 2015, have averaged 3,733 for their first three home games of the 2016 season.


Tue May 03, 2016 5:29 am
Profile
Manager

Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 4:30 pm
Posts: 1013
msilverstein47 wrote:
you want an update? getting closer to considering the new stadium project dead:

Cosmos ended a two-game losing streak but drew only 2,419 fans to Shuart Stadium. The Cosmos, who averaged 4,984 fans for home games in 2015, have averaged 3,733 for their first three home games of the 2016 season.


Actually the real update is that they've been talking to the four groups who've proposed developments and are close to finally making a decision. Cosmos low attendance with the poor weather they've had the first 3 games is not a factor and the poor east coast weather has affected more than just the NY Cosmos attendances.

The very poor location of Hofstra has affected attendance as well and the Cosmos realize this and are likely moving to a new temporary stadium next season according to Erik Stover.


Mon May 09, 2016 4:58 pm
Profile
Trialist

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:12 pm
Posts: 99
the end is near:

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/cosmos-in ... ubt-55932/


Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:06 pm
Profile
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:24 pm
Posts: 473
When the league's flagship franchise can't meet payroll, you know the end is near.
I urge the Fath's to get out while they still can.
They can easily save face right now by announcing that they are leaving to join the CPL in 2018 and set the groundwork for that move with an extensive friendly schedule next summer against MLS and touring Euro and Brit sides.
What better way to bring out the diehards and Euro-snobs for a look at their local team.


Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:47 pm
Profile
Super-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:29 am
Posts: 673
Not official, but it seems that the NASL is on its last legs now. Cosmos are done.

https://twitter.com/pedroheizer/status/ ... 3972534274

_________________
FC Edmonton has ruined me. I care for no other sporting club like I do for the Boys in Blue.


Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:18 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software for PTF.