Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
NASL Announces Rule Change Re - Canadian Players On US Clubs 
Manager

NASL Announces Rule Change Regarding Canadian Players

http://www.nasl.com/news/2017/02/02/nas ... an-players

The NASL announced a change to its roster rules on Thursday, stating that Canadian players will now be considered domestic on the rosters of American clubs.

With the new rule in place, any American or Canadian player on an NASL roster will count as domestic and therefore will not affect a club’s international player tally.

“Canadian players have played a big role in the development of our league on the field,” NASL Interim Commissioner Rishi Sehgal said. “We believe that this change will help us become better contributors to the growth of the game, not only in Canada, but in the U.S. as well.”

Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:48 pm
Super-Star

This is huge. Allows for Canadian Nationals currently playing for FC Unattached to play at a high level. I'm super excited to see more Canadian content in our league.

Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:40 am
Coach

I am excited too. It will be interesting to see if this gets challenged by, say, a Mexican or Caribbean national. Some people were already commenting that it might.

Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:33 am
Star Player

Would PRFC players be counted as domestics on a canadian team like fced too?! See their are three federations within the NASL

Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]