Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Ottawa to join the NASL? 
FC Eddy Fan wrote:
The dedicated soccer config is around 7-8K although I'm sure they will open that up for the first game Ottawa plays there against the New York Cosmos and then the Rangers game the following Wednesday.

You think they'll draw more than that for those games? They seem to have roughly similar numbers to what we bring in, so a big crowd for the Cosmos might be 4000 or 5000? Rangers will draw more but only 10 000 or so came out to see Everton here (not saying either of those clubs is bigger than the other - don't want to start that). Of course there'll be those who attend out of curiosity to see the new park. Now I'm really curious. I hope you're more right than I am. I hope they pack the place. It does look great.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:36 pm
Club Chairman

Interesting Signing.

Ottawa Fury FC ‏@OttawaFuryFC · 4m
Excited to have former Liverpool goalkeeper Bruce Grobbelaar join the team as our new goalkeeper coach

Serious big name in England and southern Africa though I'm not too sure about here.

Saw Bruce play Live about 8-10 years ago for Glasshoughton Welfare. There was a period where Ex-Internationals and top flight Players would basically make personal (sometimes Charitable) appearances at Lower level clubs, which would swell the gates and profile the club. It was essentially Instigated by Simon Clifford the Owner of Garforth TOWN (Miners) who Spectacularly signed SOCRATES (yes that's right the 1983 Brazilian player of the year) who made the gate move from One man and his Dog to a full Hose of 3000.

Sat on the Bench had a couple of smokes or three and played for about 10mins. brought the house Down.

Socrates that is , not Brucie.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:19 am
albertawhite wrote:
Serious big name in England and southern Africa though I'm not too sure about here.

Not a big name here? Please, a Vancouver Whitecaps legend, and therefore a nemesis in the memory of every old Drillers boy!

Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:46 am
Club Chairman

TimeAddedOn4Sausages wrote:
albertawhite wrote:

Not a big name here? Please, a Vancouver Whitecaps legend, and therefore a nemesis in the memory of every old Drillers boy!

I'm working Partially in the Existential, having only been around this local since 2008. Actually, I think my Cars been in the Country longer than I have.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:02 am
Manager

TimeAddedOn4Sausages wrote:
FC Eddy Fan wrote:
The dedicated soccer config is around 7-8K although I'm sure they will open that up for the first game Ottawa plays there against the New York Cosmos and then the Rangers game the following Wednesday.

You think they'll draw more than that for those games? They seem to have roughly similar numbers to what we bring in, so a big crowd for the Cosmos might be 4000 or 5000? Rangers will draw more but only 10 000 or so came out to see Everton here (not saying either of those clubs is bigger than the other - don't want to start that). Of course there'll be those who attend out of curiosity to see the new park. Now I'm really curious. I hope you're more right than I am. I hope they pack the place. It does look great.

Ottawa brought in 14593 for the Cosmos game and 8600 for the Rangers FC International friendly so very impressive - will be very interesting to see how many fans they have for the game this Saturday back in TD Place vs Ft Lauderdale Strikers now that the 2 big games have been played. Should be over 3K for sure, maybe they will retain new fans and have 6-7k.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:10 pm
Manager

albertawhite wrote:
Interesting Signing.

Ottawa Fury FC ‏@OttawaFuryFC · 4m
Excited to have former Liverpool goalkeeper Bruce Grobbelaar join the team as our new goalkeeper coach

Saw Bruce play Live about 8-10 years ago for Glasshoughton Welfare. There was a period where Ex-Internationals and top flight Players would basically make personal (sometimes Charitable) appearances at Lower level clubs, which would swell the gates and profile the club. It was essentially Instigated by Simon Clifford the Owner of Garforth TOWN (Miners) who Spectacularly signed SOCRATES (yes that's right the 1983 Brazilian player of the year) who made the gate move from One man and his Dog to a full Hose of 3000.

Sat on the Bench had a couple of smokes or three and played for about 10mins. brought the house Down.

Socrates that is , not Brucie.

Speaking of Bruce :

Bruce Grobbelaar: Hillsborough disaster still makes me angry

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27027766

Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:33 pm
Reservist

stadium pic:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BunwctDIAAArrt_.jpg:large

Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:02 pm
Club Chairman

The centre circle looks weird. But okay, Looks the business as a soccer stadium. Pity its not grass.

<lights blue touch paper and retires....>

Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:01 pm
Reservist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QZnfDiZj98#t=12

Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:37 pm
Reservist

current soccer training methods:

http://www.nasl.com/article/uuid/wg40nk ... -fc-trains

Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next