Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
What is your favourite MLS team? 
Super-Star

Reviving this topic. I feel kind of icky actively supporting any of the Canadian MLS teams, because I very quickly come to hate them when we play them in the V Cup.

That being said, I think I have (or perhaps it was trashed) a tape recording of Toronto FC's first ever game. I remember that being a big deal, and I wasn't totally sure as to why at that time.

Otherwise, I dig the Timbers a lot. If only it was a little easier to watch their games regularly.

EDIT: On my final note, with TSN showing the games of the Canadian teams, I'll probably be watching a lot of the Whitecaps and TFC. Two teams with different outlooks this season, TFC especially exciting. Oh how I wish they did more in producing Canadian talent tho. But, C'est la MLS.

Last edited by ThatDaveCh on Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am
Starting XI

Followed TFC for a bit, fizzled out. Mom still lives in Victoria and would love to go watch the Whitecaps. I will take her one of these days, maybe to watch a certain 1st division side in the cup, eh? Like Ottawa...........I kid.

Nowadays I think MLS is kinda artificial and full of fading stars and never will bes. Rather watch FCE live or on the 'puter.

Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:28 pm
Substitute

My first taste of live footy was with the 'Caps and i had season tickets with the Southsiders when I lived there. I'll always be a fan, but they come second once they're on the same pitch as the Eddies.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:18 am
Star Player

One part of what I guess would be an existential crisis for me is on what sports teams I follow/support. Supporting bigger teams, like EPL and NHL, was once sweet but has now turned bitter for me. I've found that supporting AFC Telford United. FC Edmonton, Victoria Highlanders, and Junior B hockey to be more satisfying, enjoying and soul fulfillingl. It's been a pretty good and well deserved running joke with everyone how I've jumped around in cheering for different MLS teams over the last 4 years and I think that's coinciding with this same issue. So as of right now, I don't really support a MLS team but I'm currently I'm re-looking into the Sounders because they were the 1st MLS team that made me think this league could work, and Toronto FC because it was the first team to put the MLS on my radar and I've made really good friends who are members of the Red Patch Boys. Both teams kinda go with my current theme with my life of "Getting Back to Basics".

Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:13 am
Super-Star

http://www.football-italia.net/84852/co ... o%E2%80%99

Italy manager Antonio Conte: "“We evaluated [Pirlo] and Giovinco, it’s normal that if you choose to go and play [in the MLS] then you can pay the consequences in footballing terms.

Tue May 24, 2016 6:54 am
Ball Boy

Orlando City SC, :lol: ,because Kaka

Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5