Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Budding Oilers supporters group featured on CBC 
Starting XI

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/get-loud-fan-group-hopes-to-turn-up-the-volume-at-oilers-games-1.3939366

I distinctly remember one of you(I don't know names, only voices) struggling in vain to start a chant from the standing room at Rexall. Figured you guys would like to hear about this.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:20 am
Super-Star

That was me. I've gotten in touch with the people running this group. We may look to bounce some ideas off to create a fan presence both in and out of Rogers Place.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:58 am
Referee

ThatDaveCh wrote:
That was me. I've gotten in touch with the people running this group. We may look to bounce some ideas off to create a fan presence both in and out of Rogers Place.

Nice to hear. I read that article yesterday (Don't get me started on the fact that the Journal choses to highlight a much newer and smaller fan base just cuse its the Oilers, rather than focusing on the ESG or Section O), and I was wondering about cross-over between groups. I do feel that it won't be successful unless it has the Oiler Front Office's help (ie: talking with security, helping define a particular area for everyone to stick together in etc).

Anywhere else to find them other that Facebook? Don't have that anymore, but I'd love to support them on Twitter.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:10 pm
Substitute

I believe Marcus had something worked out with the Front Office last year, unfortunately it fell through on our end because there was a lack in interest.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:50 pm
Referee

I had contacted the Oilers FO and also Rexall Place and initially they liked the idea but once I asked for some support and also if we could bring flags, drums,... then the were not interested anymore.

In my opinion it will only work if there is a dedicated section for it with massively discounted tickets that you can only get through the group because it doesn't work if you have different people in the section at every game that you have to educate every single time. You need to make sure that a lot of people are there at every game in order to build it and grow it. Unfortunately, the people who can afford to go to every game are not the ones that you fin in a supporters group.

I wish this group good luck and maybe they can pull it off.
I will definitely meet with them and see how we can help.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:15 am
Profile WWW
Super-Star

Haven't heard much of this since...

Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:46 pm
Referee

OnkelDal wrote:

Because nothing really happened since then.

They had 1 viewing party at a bar with like 15 people and that was the last I heard from them.

Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:44 pm
Profile WWW
Starting XI

Stuttgart4ever wrote:
OnkelDal wrote:

Because nothing really happened since then.

They had 1 viewing party at a bar with like 15 people and that was the last I heard from them.

It makes the fact that ESG can get 50 or so people every game for a team that's much less popular locally, that much more commendable.

Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]