Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
EMSA complex 
Star Player

http://emsasoccercomplex.com/about/project-vision/
Can anyone explain to me why EMSA did not atleast TRY to partner with FCE on this project?
There are 20 pitches here...could FCE have proposed to help build a 10,000 seat grandstand in atleast one of them?

Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:42 am
Referee

Good questions, it sounds like a logical choice to have 1 full stadium in the complex. That's something to talk to Jay Ball about when we are having our Q&A.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:00 pm
Profile WWW
Referee

Sounds like the project is still in the early stages... Might be something that they might join in on.

My understanding is that FCEd has historically had a poor relationship with the EMSA, but has only just built a bridge with them. I think its getting significantly better (there's been some staff that have gone to the club from the EMSA, which has helped significantly from what I've heard).

I do know from last week's interview with Jay that the club is still looking at talking with the city about a 5-8000 seat stadium, focusing on working with minor soccer. And with a more positive relationship, and the fallout from the arena basically over, it might not be a bad time.

Big Blue is "semi-permanent" lets not forget. The intention was always to take it to a soccer specific location when the time came.

Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:49 am
Substitute

My issue with this proposal is that it's just so far out of the way for most of the city. I would prefer that EMSA upgrade 20 different current grass fields to turf fields, with lights even. It is what the Greater Vancouver Regional District has done and I think it serves the communities way better than a large facility way out in the boonies. If each different EMSA club or catchment area had one or two good turf fields this would be ideal.

On the thought of having the Eddies play out of a stadium there i am wholly against that too. Again it's too far from the majority of the population of the city, and with them struggling to get people out to a fairly central location with good transit i see a move somewhere out of the way as a very bad move. I believe if the team was to move from Clarke it would have to either be fairly central on a decent bus route, or somewhere along the LRT.

Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]