Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
FC Cincinnati: the USL team pulling in 20K fans per game 
Super-Star

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ces-soccer

Quote:
Combined with strong marketing and a community feel, FC Cincinnati are set to be the city’s long-term professional soccer team.

Quote:
Chip Knutdsen, who used to go to Saints matches, said the team overcharged for tickets and underproduced on the pitch. The Saints folded and became the Dayton Dynamo, now playing in the NPSL. FC Cincinnati, however, have decided on a different tactic to the Saints, by offering cheap tickets to college students and children. Fans can also request that 20% of their ticket sale go to local youth soccer organizations.

I think FCE has taken very positive steps this season in mirroring the efforts of FC Cinci. Jay is a sporting professional, yesterday's Cosmos match was a great presentation of our SG being in harmony with the rest of the crowd. The club is producing, and it seems the club has taken to being very present in the soccer community. What's lacking however is legitimate marketing effort to make FCE a recognizable brand in Edmonton. Is that on us to fulfill? Idk, but I think the club is ripe for positive growth. There needs to be a shift in Edmonton where it's actually "a thing" to go to an FCE match. It needs to become a conscious option, not just a happenstance.

Mon May 16, 2016 8:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]