Poll ended at Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:41 am
Thursday, January 16th 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
Thursday, January 23rd 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Different date, I posted it below! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I won't be able to make it at all no matter when! 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 8

First ESG Meeting 2014 
Manager

Any notes on the meeting for those who couldn't attend?

Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:44 pm
River_City wrote:
That is a very disturbing idea TimeAddedOn4Sausages..... I like it!

If a few of us can look around and see what kind of deals we can get, all it would take is 5 of us dressed up at a game so we don't individually look creepy. NO HANDING OUT CANDY BTW!

Also I picked the wrong day to not drink, but thanks for the OJ!

I've experimented a little and there are some issues with being able to see out of a mask, as well as it possibly muffling ones voice. Rabbits can be as creepy as they are cute though, in a twisted fairytale, original Wicker Man kind of way.

And you're welcome!

Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:29 am
#1 Hanson Boakai fan

Sooooo what happened at the meeting?

Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:45 pm
Referee

The main agenda was that everybody needs to be more involved outside the forum and the 90 minutes game time. Especially when it comes to the pre-game BBQ.

We need everybody to share the facebook event and invite everybody they know that might like soccer.
So far it's more or less only doing it and it is frustrating.

It doesn't take much effort to click on the facebook event link that I post here in the forum and on our facebook page and share it and invite people. If 200 people get invited, maybe 10 show up and spread the word for next time.

Fact is that we need our group to grow otherwise we will go nowhere and I don't see a future for us.

Also we need money for flags and tifos, donations are accepted!

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:53 am
Profile WWW
Coach

Quote:
Donations accepted

Does ESG have a treasurer? A bank account, or alternatively a PayPal account?
We are quite a few on this board dispersed around the world. How can us willing soldiers contribute?

Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:07 am
Goonish Defender

The attendance at the meeting was Marcus, Dallas, Don, Dan, Ken (TimeAddedOn4Sausages) and myself. With the low turnout, it was more or less an informal, open discussion and no notes were taken though, Marcus summed everything up in the post above.

I think our loose structure works well in that it is inviting for absolutely anyone to step up to the plate and get involved to their hearts content. And I like the fact that there are no fancy titles, resume-building or politics. We are what we are and our reputations are built on what we do. Some people wanted more of an organization and that's fine. We lost some hard working and dedicated people (4 that I'm aware of) to that organization. But I hope they remember how they got involved in the first place and respect us enough not to work against or disrupt anything that we do or are planning on doing.

Having said that, those of us that are ESG need to step up to the plate if we want the ESG to thrive. Some of us can only post. Some of us can only attend the games and stand with us. Some of us can only sing out of tune. That is fine. This is supposed to be fun and we can never ask anyone to do more than what they can.

Do we need money? Yes we do! But more important than money, WAAAAAAY more important than money is TIme! The banners you see don't hang themselves. The flags you see don't wave themselves. The smoke bombs don't light themselves. The drums, cowbells, bagpipes you hear don't play themselves. This website doesn't run itself. Or maybe it does. I'm technologically retarded.

That we do have to ask for. TIME. A long time ago, it was Shawn, Greg, and I. Then it was Nathan and Toby. And now it's Marcus and Dallas. They did yeoman's work last year in setting up 107 every game and setting up the pre-game BBQ. A BBQ I only showed up to a handful of times so I'm as guilty as anyone of not doing enough as I can. A long time ago, I had visions of the ESG getting together for a Sunday morning pick-up soccer game prior to going to watch FC Edmonton...but if we can't even get more than two people to a BBQ...we're kind of doomed.

But I don't think we're doomed at all. If you are ESG, the questions are;
- can you post more on this forum?
- can you help with the website?
- can you share ESG Facebook posts?
- can you show up two hours earlier to the game for the BBQ?
- can you help set up 107?
- if you are making it to the games, can you at least sit with us?
- if you are currently sitting with with us, can you stand?
- can you talk to at least one person in the stadium every game and ask them to pop on over to 107 for a half?
- can you help sell ESG merchandise (from your seat in 107) ?
- can you play any instruments?
- do you know any songs?
- can you yell at the ref?
- can you help take down 107 at the end of the game?
- can you come for a drink at The Pint post-game?
- are there projects you want to do?

If you are on this forum, you ARE ESG. It's up to YOU to make it successful. WE are all in this together!

Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:18 pm
Thanks Sergio and Marcus for spelling out what needs to happen. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to help but not being sure where to start - now I know. I usually get to the games five minutes before kickoff and have to leave at the final whistle - it's a commitment just getting to games - but I'm going to try swing it this season so that I can be there to help set up and/or take down 107.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:49 am
Goonish Defender

Thank you TAO4S! The fact that you and a few others I know can even make it to the games is huge! Having you guys just sit/stand with us will make a difference! Anything beyond that is a bonus!

Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3