Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Canadian Premier League to begin in 2017 or 2018 
Super-Star

The CPL is gaining a lot of traction as of late.

As supporters of the Beautiful Game in Canada, I feel that we as an SG should contribute to spread the word and be rooting for this league, regardless of FCE's involvement in it.

You can start by picking up a shirt from The Voyageurs.

http://www.thevoyageurs.org/store/produ ... ccer-mens/

Quote:
All proceeds from the sale of SLS CanPL merchandise go towards the development of supporters culture in Canada for the CanPL.

Shipping is included in the price and leaves $14 from each shirt to go towards the Supporters United for CanPL fund.

Proceeds
Seed money for CanPL supporters groups
Funds for a CanPL shield/trophy created by supporters
Organization funds for a 2018 pre launch supporters summ

Benefits
Be the coolest person at an MLS game
Gain exclusive access to the CanPL supporters planning forum
Latest information on CanPL developments & supporters groups
Participate in creating the league cup
Help form supporters groups in your area

Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:04 pm
Coach

Anyone looking for a refresher on the CPL timeline, here is a good article collecting all the events: http://www.northernstartingeleven.com/c ... ry-so-far/

Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:44 am
Referee

We've been posting this wherever we think people might be interested. We were lucky enough to have Duane Rollins on the Loyal Company of the River Valley podcast last night. He gave a great summary of where the league is, what might happen, and who's involved. Even a bit of FCEd news and their potential involvement (or lack thereof).

Link here:
http://traffic.libsyn.com/loyalcompanyrv/LCRV_Ep_90.mp3

Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:33 pm
Trialist

It is time. It is happening for the fall of 2018. The Canadian Premier League. I saw a report on Sportsnet about it at Brewsters tonight so I didn't have audio but interesting it featured FC Edmonton footage (Even Terry and his drum was present in the report). Hamilton and Winnipeg are the first cities involved with Halifax likely coming after a vote for a stadium proposal next month.

Sun May 07, 2017 12:05 am
Manager

liverpoolgord wrote:
It is time. It is happening for the fall of 2018. The Canadian Premier League. I saw a report on Sportsnet about it at Brewsters tonight so I didn't have audio but interesting it featured FC Edmonton footage (Even Terry and his drum was present in the report). Hamilton and Winnipeg are the first cities involved with Halifax likely coming after a vote for a stadium proposal next month.

Think August 2018 is the launch date. Nice to see Hamilton and Winnipeg as the first two teams, hope Calgary gets a club also.

Sun May 07, 2017 4:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4